How to use our cotton candy machine:
A cotton candy machine turns sugar into cotton candy by first heating the sugar until
it becomes a liquid. The spinning head on the cotton candy machine contains little holes; as the head spins, it forces the liquid sugar out through the holes. As the liquid cools, it creates threads of cotton candy.
- Only plug the cotton candy machine into a grounded outlet of appropriate volts and amps.
- Only lift the cotton candy machine by its handles. Do not lift it by its spinning head.
- Do not touch the spinning head on the cotton candy machine.
- Keep the onlookers at an appropriate distance from the cotton candy machine.
- An adult should supervise the operation of the cotton candy machine.
- Place the cotton candy machine on a stable, level surface, such as a table or counter.
- Make sure to set up the cotton candy machine near a grounded electrical source, so that you will not need to use an extension cord.
- Set the metal bowl over the head so it rests on the rubber bumpers and secure the floss net with the included clips. Place the bubble over the bowl.
- Use a clean, damp cloth to moisten the inside of the bowl and net to help the floss adhere to it.
- Plug in and flip both the Master & Motor Switch and the Heat Switch to ON. Turn the head knob to HI.
- Fill the spinning head 90% full with floss-sugar (about to where the head begins to narrow).
- Once the floss-sugar is in the head, adjust heat on the cotton candy machine to the highest temperature without smoke (50-75%). This may take some trial-and-error, and may vary depending on the ambient temperature.
- Hold the pointed end of a cotton candy cone between two fingers and thumb.
- Use a light flicking motion to break into the web of floss with cone.
- Turn the cone in a figure-eight pattern to gather a larger web of floss.
Clean the cotton candy machine if you do not plan to use it again for several hours.
- Run all of the sugar of the spinning head on the cotton candy machine.
- Turn the head knob to HI for about one minute to remove any remaining sugar.
- Unplug the cotton candy machine.
- Use the damp cloth to wipe the exterior spinning head on the cotton candy machine.
- Do not immerse the spinning head in water or place it under running water.