At Sully’s Party Rental, our goal is to ensure you have exactly what you need for any event. For outdoor parties, weddings, festivals, and more, a tent is critical, but not every tent is right for every venue.
Our experts are always available to work with you when it comes to choosing a tent for your event. We supply frame tents and pole tents (also called canopies). How the space will be used, the amount of available space for the tent, and whether the surface is pavement or grass are all important considerations when choosing a tent.
Check out the following features and considerations and contact our team for guidance on your frame tent or pole tent.
Pole tents are great for short-term events such as parties, weddings, and festivals, because they are easy to set up and take down. Tension between stakes on the outside of the tent and center poles keeps them erect. Although the center poles can block views, they also can lend themselves to additional decoration with vines, drapes, or flowers. Because these tents must be staked, your venue must be grass with additional space for the ropes.
Pros and cons
- Set up is relatively easy, but surface must be grass to allow staking of the tent
- Available space must be larger than the tent itself to allow for stakes and ropes
- Attractive exterior profile
- Center poles may limit set up options for interior
- Generally less expensive to rent
Frame tents are more versatile than pole tents because they do not require staking. The framework itself provides structure for the tent, so they can be erected on grass or pavement with concrete blocks to secure them, making the overall footprint only slightly larger than the tent itself. With no center poles, interior set up has no obstructions. However, setting up the tent is more difficult and involves more parts and some heavy lifting.
Pros and cons
- May be used on any surface and where space is somewhat limited because of its frame and smaller footprint
- No center poles to obstruct views or limit interior set up options
- Visible interior pole structure can be covered with draping
- Tend to be more expensive because of labor and parts needed for set up
Our frame and pole tents are available in multiple sizes and may be accessorized with sidewalls and lighting to provide the atmosphere you desire for your event. Call Sully’s today for information and guidance on the best tent for your event.